The Nintendo DS is one of the most popular handheld consoles of all time. Nintendo first released the Nintendo DS in 2004 that featured dual screens and later in 2006 Nintendo released its lite version. Nintendo DS console is as effective as Game Boy or the PSP.
A few years ago its 3D version was also released by Nintendo which is known as Nintendo 3DS. You will be able to play high-quality games on the Nintendo DS as well as 3DS handheld devices.
Although Nintendo DS has various positive points, but as it very expensive so nowadays people prefer to play Nintendo DS Games on DS or 3DS Emulators.
DS or 3DS Emulators will allow you to play all the Nintendo games in PC or Android devices and hence you will be able to enjoy all the functionalities of DS and 3DS handheld consoles directly on your android device or PC.
So in this article, we are going to discuss about some of the best DS emulators for PC and Android devices.
Best Nintendo DS Emulators
DraStic DS Emulator
DraStic DS Emulator is one of the most famous Nintendo DS Emulator available in the market right now. Almost all the DS games run properly on this emulator except few high-end games. You can easily afford DraStic DS Emulator as it is available only at $4.99.
This emulator comes with various features which include screen layout customization, controller customization, hardware controllers support, fast forward option, and it even contains Google Drive support.
Newer versions of this emulator also support graphics filters and have an extensive database of cheat codes. It even allows you to play the Nintendo games at full speed on many Android devices.
Some other features of DraStic DS Emulator
- It enhances the game’s 3D graphics to 2 by 2 times their original resolution.
- It helps to customize the placement and size of the DS screens.
Purchase DraStic DS Emulator from this link: From Here
NeonDS is an advanced Nintendo DS emulator for Windows. You will be able to run a large number of games on NeonDS although few games cause an issue as the emulator is not completely perfect yet.
This emulator contains two screens out of which one can be manipulated with the help of a stylus-like pen. But when you run this emulator on PC, you will find that the mouse is emulating the stylus.
WASD keys help you to moves up, left, down and right while the keys JKUIYO emulate the other six keys of the Nintendo DS. The key 1 emulates select while key 2 emulates the start button.
In this emulator you will be able to save every game and keyboard shortcuts are also available which are essential for most applications.
Some essential features of NeonDS emulator are as follows
- Each and every game can be saved.
- Keyboard shortcuts are available.
- You will be able to get 60 frames per second in most applications and games.
Download NeonDS: From here
DuoS Emulator is actually a new and interesting Nintendo DS emulator for Windows which is released by Nintendo DS developer Roor.
The source code of this emulator is written in C++, and it can run almost all commercial games under Windows, and it even makes use of hardware GPU acceleration along with dynamic recompiler. You can even run this emulator on low-end PCs, and it also does not consume excessive resources.
Essential features of DuoS Emulator are as follows
- In this emulator, GPU acceleration brings graphics to life.
- You will be able to run almost all commercial games through this emulator.
- It supports Full-screen Resolution and high-quality sound.
- It is a super-fast emulator.
Download DuoS emulator: From here
Desmume is an open source emulator through which you can run a large number of Nintendo DS games without facing any issue. The source code of this emulator is written in C++. The original emulator was developed in French although you can change the language of this emulator.
This emulator supports Nintendo demos along with some Wireless Multiboot demos. It supports high-level graphics, and so you can smoothly run top-quality Nintendo DS games. Another great feature of this emulator is that it does not slow down your device.
Some features of DeSmuME Emulator are as follows
- It supports high-quality sounds although with minor bugs.
- DeSmuME supports save states, Dynamic recompilation (JIT), and V-sync.
- In DeSmuME Emulator you can increase the size of the screen.
- This emulator comes with filters to improve image quality.
- This emulator has high-quality software and OpenGL rendering.
- It supports microphone use on Windows and Linux ports, as well as direct video and audio recording.
- This emulator also features a built-in movie recorder.
Download link of DeSmuME Emulator: From here
NDS Boy is a very famous DS emulator which is mainly used on high-end Android devices. In order to run NDS Boy properly on a smartphone, it should contain at least 2GB RAM and Quad-core CPU. You can easily download this emulator from the internet as it is available free of cost.
The developer of this emulator has designed this emulator in such a way that it works on almost all smartphones, but if your smartphone cannot meet the minimum requirement to run this emulator, then you should avoid this emulator as most of the games will crash or lag in such devices.
Main features of NDS Boy are as follows
- This emulator can run a lot of NDS game file like .nds, .zip, .7z, and rar.
- It mainly supports Android 4.0+ although it is also suitable for Android 5.0+ and 6.0.
- It also includes some other essential features like save and load state, quick save, quick load, and autosave.
Download link of NDS Boy: From here
Retro Arch is a special type of Emulator engine, which can emulate a large number of gaming consoles like PSP, NES, and Nintendo DS with the help of open source cores inside it. Demume provides the DS Core for Retro Arch emulator.
This emulator does not contain any in-app purchases or advertising which is one of the main positive features of Retro Arch. You can easily download this emulator as it available free of cost.
Retro Arch uses an interface known as Libretto. Libretro is an interface that allows you to make cross-platform applications. Through Libretro you can also use fantastic features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, and location support.
Main features of Retro Arch are as follows
- It can scan files/directories and add them to game system collections.
- You can view database information about each game once they are added to the collection.
- This emulator has the ability to remap controls.
- It provides multi-language support
- You can enter cheat codes within this emulator.
Download link of Retro Arch: From here
Nds4Droid is one of the oldest Nintendo DS emulator for Android. This emulator has not been updated for a long time but still works properly on any Android system. As it is an old application, so it does not contain the modern, high-quality feature that you mostly find in the new emulators.
Nds4droid does the basic job of letting you play your favourite NDS games on your Android but contains very few settings to configure or tweak the gameplay. Nds4Droid Emulator is very slow as compared to other emulators, but it works on some low-end phone too with the same speed.
Although it lacks features like save state and sound but still recent results have shown that it is one of the most downloaded DS emulator for Android. A large number of users download Nds4droid because this emulator is available free of cost and also due to its simple interface.
Main features of Nds4droid are as follows
- You will always get direct support from the developer.
- This emulator has a smooth interface.
Download Link of Nds4droid: From here
No$GBA is another DS emulator for Windows although at first it was developed to run GBA games, but later it was redeveloped into a DS emulator.
In order to play Nintendo DS games you need to first download the game ROMs, and then you will have to go the Cartridge menu and upload the game ROM that you want to play. This Emulator is extremely fast and supports a gamepad.
This emulator was initially a freeware, but in order to access the new upgraded version of No$GBA you will have to spend $2.50.
Main features of No$GBA are as follows
- It has a straightforward interface.
- This emulator provides multiplayer support.
- No$GBA supports a gamepad.
- It offers high-quality audio.
- Every game can be saved at any point of time.
Download Link of No$GBA: From Here
As promised at the beginning of this article we have highlighted some of the best Nintendo DS Emulators currently available in the market. Most of the above emulators are available free of cost so you can easily access them.
So you must go through this article thoroughly and gather enough information about these emulators before planning to use them on your Android device or PC.