In order to utilize all the Microsoft services, you need to create a Microsoft account. Some of the services that you can access after creating a Microsoft account include Microsoft games, Gmail and cloud storage facilities.
While using Window phone also you need to create a Microsoft account to access different facilities of the Windows phone. Microsoft account is mandatory as Windows needs your account details for a wide variety of features.
Your Microsoft account information can be used to buy Microsoft apps, make Skype calls, create, edit and share documents with Office 365 and even for sharing files in OneDrive. So it is really essential to own a Microsoft account.
We will divide this article into three sections. In the first section, we will show you how to create a Microsoft account on the Microsoft Sign-Up Page while in the second section you will learn how to create a Microsoft account on OneDrive to access its services and in the third section you will learn how to create a Microsoft account on the Windows Phone.
How to create a Microsoft Account
Methods to create a Microsoft Account
All the methods that we are going to discuss here are very easy to execute. So in order to create Microsoft Account properly for accessing all the Microsoft services on your PC or Windows phone follow the methods which are given below.
Steps to create a Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Sign-Up Page
- First and foremost you have to open any of your web browsers present on your PC and then type “signup.live.com” on the address bar. Once you type “signup.live.com” on the address bar, you will be directed to the Microsoft sign-up page.
- After entering the Microsoft sign-up page, click on the “Sign up now” option which is present on the top right corner of the current window. As you will click on the “Sign up now” option, you will be redirected to the form where you need to fill in the details for your account.
- In this step, you have to fill all the details about your Microsoft account. At first, you need to fill up your first and last name and then enter a valid username.
- After entering your name and the username, you have to enter a strong password and finally confirm your password by entering it again within the area provided for reentering the password.
- After confirming the password, you have to enter your country, date of Birth, and finally your gender.
- After selecting your appropriate Gender, select your country code from the drop-down option below the “Gender” selection box and finally enter your phone number below country code box. As you will enter your phone number, you will receive a text verification code or an audio call to verify that you’re a real person and not a bot.
- After entering all the details, you have to check out the characters you see in the box below the phone number. Enter those characters in the “Enter the characters you see” field.
- After entering the characters within the “Enter the characters you see” field, you have to click on the “Create Account” option at the bottom of the account details form to confirm all the details that you have entered.
So, you have successfully set up your Microsoft account. But before you can use Microsoft services, you must verify the email address that you have entered earlier.
In order to verify your email address, open the email that is sent to the email address that you have registered as your username and click on the given link to confirm your email address (username).
Finally, after confirming your email address, you will be able to use all the Microsoft services with the newly created Microsoft account.
Steps to create a Microsoft Account on OneDrive to access its services
In this section of this article, we will show you the steps to create a Microsoft Account for accessing OneDrive so that you can access all your files from one particular location only and you will also be able to access those files from any device.
OneDrive is the cloud service of Microsoft which you can utilize on your mobile device or on your PC. Each OneDrive user has 15GB free of cloud storage, so if you want to use OneDrive to store your files, you will require a Microsoft account.
As mentioned earlier this is a very simple method, so we expect that you will be able to execute the steps properly. So follow the steps given below to create a Microsoft Account on OneDrive.
- Firstly you have to open a new web browser tab or window and type “onedrive.live.com” on the address bar. After typing “onedrive.live.com” on the address bar press the “Enter” key on the keyboard to enter the OneDrive website.
- Once you get access to the OneDrive website, click on the “Sign up” option at the top right corner of the page, and then select “Create a Microsoft account.” option from the pop-up menu that will appear after clicking on the “Sign up” option.
- As you get access to the “Create an Account” page of Microsoft, you will have to enter all your details by following the same steps as you have done in the last method.
So repeat (Step number 3 to Step number 7) as you have done in the first method to create a Microsoft account. As soon as you finish creating your Microsoft account you can use the newly created account to sign in to OneDrive and avail all its services.
Steps to create a Microsoft Account on a Windows Phone
In this section, we will show you the steps to create a Microsoft Account on your Windows Phone. It is really essential to create a Microsoft Account on your Windows phone because without an account you will not be able to access most of the Microsoft services on your Windows phone. You even require Microsoft Account to download apps from the Windows Phone Store. Therefore follow the steps given below.
- Firstly you have to slide your finger to the left on the home screen of your Windows phone to access all the menus.
- Then Tap on the “Settings” option which is present among all the menus. As soon as you tap on the “Settings” option, you will be directed to the “Settings’ window.
- After entering the “Settings” window, tap on the “email + accounts” option.
- Then after tapping on the “email + accounts” option, you have to add a new account by tapping on the “add an account” option.
- After executing the previous step successfully you will be directed to the “Add an account” window, then tap on the “Microsoft account” option.
- As you will click on the “Microsoft account” option you will be directed to a new window where you will have to tap on the “Create One” option.
- Then you have to add all your details in the respective fields. All the fields that you need to fill up are given below.
- First Name
After filling all the details, you will have to set a strong password. After entering a password, you have to confirm it by entering the password again in the “Reenter password” field and finally tap on “next” which is present at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- As you tap on “next,” you will be directed to another screen where you have to add other details which include “Country/Region,” “Date of Birth.” and “Gender.” After selecting all the appropriate details tap on “next” to go to the next screen.
- As you tap on “next,” you will enter another screen where you have to enter your “country code,” “phone number” and “alternate email id.” Once you finish entering all the details again tap on “next.”
So by executing the previous step successfully, your Microsoft account will be created. Now you will be able to use all the Microsoft services on your Windows phone with the help of the newly created Microsoft Account.
As promised at the beginning of the article we have tried our level best to teach you the most straightforward way to create a Microsoft Account on your PC so that you can access all the Microsoft services.
Moreover, if you go through this article, you will also learn how to create a Microsoft Account on your Windows phone.