M4A stands for MPEG 4 Audio which is a filename extension developed and generalized by Apple since 2007. Although this filename extension works well with Apple iTunes it cannot be accepted by many other portable devices in the market like Windows Media Player.
Moreover, MPEG 4 Audio cannot be edited in several audio editors like Audacity and Wavpad which is a negative aspect of this file format. However, if you need to play or edit M4A files with the above mention software, you need to change M4A into WAV format which can retain origin sound quality, as well as WAV format, have high compatibility with a large number of gadgets.
Therefore in this article, we are going to show you three straightforward ways to convert an M4A filename extension to WAV format.
How to convert M4A to WAV
Methods to convert M4A to WAV
In this article, we will show you three straightforward methods to convert M4A to WAV. In the first method, we will use Movavi converter while in the second method we will convert an M4A file format to WAV using Apowersoft Video Converter Studio and finally in the third method we will convert using Apple iTunes. So go through the methods one by one and finally select the most appropriate method.
As mentioned earlier in this method we will use Movavi converter which supports lightning fast conversions. This application is absolutely free so you can easily download this application from the Internet. Moreover, this application supports batch conversion which means that Movavi converter can convert multiple M4A files simultaneously. Another exciting feature of this application is that after conversion there is a quality loss even with 4K videos. So follow the steps given below in order to convert M4A to WAV using Movavi converter.
- First and foremost visit the Movavi official page by clicking on the following link https://www.movavi.com/ and select the “Video” option. On selecting the “Video” option a drop-down menu will open from where you need to select the “Video Converter” menu.
- As you select the “Video Converter menu a new window will open from there download the video converter exe file on your Windows PC.
- After downloading and installing the Movavi Video Converter, open the software and click on the “Add Media” button and then “Add Audio” button. Finally, find the sound files that you want to convert and add them to the program.
- After selecting the desired M4A file, you need to open the Audio tab and Select the WAV file format and finally click on the preset within the WAV option.
- Finally, click on the “Convert” option at the bottom right corner of the current window and wait for a few minutes to get the converted file.
Note: If you want to save your converted output files in a folder other than the default Movavi Library. So in order to select a particular folder, you need to click on the “Folder” icon and select a folder according to your choice.
After executing the previous step successfully, the M4A file got converted into WAV. So, now we will move into the next method.
In this method, we will use another high-quality converter software which is Apowersoft Video Converter Studio. This software is a great choice as it has a very straightforward interface and hence can be managed even by a novice user. This software has fast conversion speed and can preserve the quality of the original audio files. Moreover, it can support the conversion of other audio/video formats and batch conversion as well. Therefore follow the steps given below to convert M4A to WAV using Apowersoft Video Converter Studio.
- Firstly download Apowersoft Video Converter Studio.
- After downloading and installing the software on your PC, launch the application and click on the “Add files” button to upload the M4A files within the application.
- After adding an M4A file, you need to open “Profile” list and select “Audio” then “WAV” as output format.
- In this step, open “Output” list and select the destination folder where you want to place the converted file.
- Finally, click on the “Convert” button to start the conversion process.
Note: You will notice that the conversion will begin at a very fast speed.
So after going through this method, you will understand that this is indeed very easy to execute. Now we will show you the last and the final method in the next segment of this article.
This is probably the most straightforward method among the three methods that are discussed in this article. In this method, we will use Apple iTunes for converting an M4A file format to WAV file format. Apple iTunes has a straightforward interface so you can easily use this application to convert M4A to WAV. It has browser-like arrows through which you will able to easily navigate through this application. So follow the steps given below in order to use Apple iTunes properly.
- Firstly download Apple iTune.
- After downloading and installing the software, launch the application and click on the arrow located at the upper left corner of the user interface.
- After clicking on the arrow select “Preferences” option then select “General” and finally select “Import Settings” option.
- In this step enter “Import Using” option and click on “WAV Encoder” and finally press the “OK” button.
- Select the M4A files that you want to convert then click on the right button and finally select “Create WAV version” option.
Finally, wait for the conversion process to complete. So this the way to convert M4A files to WAV format using Apple iTunes.
If you go through this article you will understand that all the methods which are described here are fairly straightforward to execute. Moreover, you will also get to know about three vital conversion software namely Movavi, Apowersoft, and Apple iTunes.