Windows is the most user-friendly platform regarding features as well as working experience. However, sometimes while using Windows you may face some annoying issues. These issues and errors can appear at any time and can be due to various reasons.
Some errors are harmful, while others are not very harmful but simply can frustrate you to a large extent. In this article, we will discuss one irritating error that most of the Windows users face. You must have come across this error with the message saying that “This copy of Windows is not genuine.”
Therefore we will show you three simple procedures to overcome “This copy of Windows is not genuine.” error.
Methods to fix “This copy of Windows is not Genuine Error”
There are various ways to fix “This copy of Windows is not Genuine Error,” but here in this article, we will only show you three most straightforward methods so that you can implement these methods without facing any further problems. So if you come across this kind of error follow all the methods which are discussed below.
Method One: Uninstall Update KB971033
The process of deleting the Update KB971033 is a fantastic method to fix “this copy Windows is not genuine” error. So follow these steps in order to solve “This copy of Windows is not Genuine Error” by Uninstalling the Update KB971033.
1. Firstly you have to press the Windows + R key simultaneously to access the “Run” dialog box. Once you get access to the “Run” dialog box type “control panel” in it and press “Enter” or click on the “OK” button to open Control Panel.
2. Then in the Control Panel browse the following path Programs-> Programs and Features and enter the “Programs and Features” window. After entering the “Programs and Features” window click on the “Next” button and finally click on “View installed updates” option.
3. After executing the above step successfully you have to go through the list of installed updates, and then finally find the update “KB971033” to uninstall it.
4. This is the final step in which you have to restart your Computer.
As you will restart your computer you will notice that “This copy of Windows is not Genuine Error” has disappeared. So by executing these four steps, you will b able to overcome this annoying error. But still, if the error persists, you should go for the next method.
Method Two: Reset license using Command Prompt
In this method you will have to reset the license of your computer using the Command Prompt as an administrator to fix “This copy of Windows is not genuine” error. So follow the steps given below in order to resolve the issue
1. First and foremost you have to press the Windows + X key simultaneously in order to access “Power user” menu. Then select “Command prompt (Admin)” from the “Power user” menu.
2. As you enter the “Command Prompt” window type “SLMGR –REARM” command and press the “Enter” key from your Keyboard.
3. After entering the “SLMGR –REARM” command, you have to wait for the command to run. Once “SLMGR –REARM” command is implemented simply restart your computer after clicking on the “OK” button.
So this method will surely solve the issue, but still, if the problem persists, you can go for the third method which is shown in the next segment of the article.
Method Three: Use gpupdate /force command
In this method, you have to use gpupdate /force command to fix “This copy of Windows is not genuine” error. So in order to resolve the problem follow the steps given below.
1. Firstly you have to press the Windows + R key simultaneously to trigger the “Run” dialog box. Once you enter the “Run” dialog box, type “rsop.msc” within the “Run” dialog box and then press “Enter” from the keyboard.
2. After executing the above step, you have to navigate to the following path Windows settings > Security settings > System services.
3. As you enter the “System services” window, you have to locate the “Plug and Play” option and then right click on that option.
4. After right-clicking on the “Plug and Play” option you have to select “Properties” and then select the “Automatic” option which is present under the “Select service startup mode” menu and the “Security Policy Setting” tab. Then finally click on the “OK” button.
5. After executing the previous step properly, you will have to again open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R key simultaneously and then type “gpupdate/force” command and finally press “Enter” from your keyboard or even press the “OK” button after entering the command into the “Run” tab.
6. Finally just restart your computer to complete the entire process.
So by simply executing these six steps, you can easily resolve “This copy of Windows is not Genuine Error.”
“This copy of Windows is not genuine” is a very common error that you will surely face while working on Windows.
If you go through this article thoroughly, you will understand that here we have mentioned the Top three tested methods to fix this issue although there are other methods as well like Turning off Windows updates, performing System Restore or Clean installation of a genuine copy of Windows.
Therefore we will advise you to read this article properly so that you can counteract “This copy of Windows is not genuine” error by simply following three simple methods which are mentioned above.