How to install mods for Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a very famous game developed by Bethesda Softworks. It is essential to install and configure the “Skyrim” mods properly as this significantly reduces the risk of damaging the game files.
“Skyrim” mods will also allow you to customize your playing experience with improvements, fixes and new content created by the community. You will be able to download Skyrim mods from various locations on the Internet although the main source of the “Skyrim” mods are TESNexus.
You will come across various methods of installing the “Skyrim” mods. Some of the techniques are complicated, and hence they are difficult to implement while some of the methods can be efficiently executed. Sometimes it can be very confusing for you to select the most appropriate method.
Therefore in this article, we are going to highlight straightforward methods of installing “Skyrim” mods for PC. We will even show you the steps through which you will be able to install mods for “Skyrim Special Edition” on PC.
How to install mods for Skyrim on PC
It is always essential to prepare the mod files before trying to install the “Skyrim” mods. So we are first going to tell you to how to prepare the files before going into the installation process.
Preparing the Skyrim mod files before installation
1. First and foremost you will have to download the appropriate Skyrim mod files according to your requirement from the following link.
2. Then you will have to keep the extracted files in a particular location. Each mod will generally have two folders (Meshes and Textures) and a single .esp file.
3. Finally, check your mods to see if any of them have special instructions or not.
So, now as the mod file is ready, you can install it within the Skyrim game and eventually you will be able to enjoy the enhanced features.
Steps to install Skyrim Mods on PC
1. Firstly you will have to locate the games installation folder. Once you get the desired folder open the folder by clicking on it.
2. After executing the above step, you will have to drag the “Meshes” & “Texture” folders and the .esp file from the mod directory to your “Skyrim” data directory.
3. After completing the above step, you will find the .esp files for your mods in the “skyrim\data” directory, and you will also notice that the “Meshes” and “Textures” will be merged into their appropriate folders.
4. Now just launch the “Skyrim” and check whether the game has changed or not. Some mods that affect gameplay are very obvious, but sometimes you will have to go to a specific area to check the new content.
So, you will be able to install Skyrim mod for PC properly by simply following the steps mentioned above.
Now as promised at the beginning of the article we are going to discuss about the method to install mods for “Skyrim Special Edition” on PC.
In order to install mods for “Skyrim Special Edition” on PC firstly you will have to install Nexus Mod Manager.
Necessary steps to install Nexus Mod Manager
1. First and foremost you will have to register an account on the Nexus website.
Link of Nexus website: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/
2. Then download the Nexus Mod Manager from the Nexus website.
3. After downloading the software install and run the Nexus Mod Manager.
4. After opening the Nexus Mod Manager, you will have to confirm the location of Skyrim Special Edition.
5. Then select Skyrim Special Edition and press ‘OK’ button as mentioned in the picture below.
6. After executing the above step, you will have to choose the path where you wish to store downloaded mods.
You need to run Skyrim SE to the main menu before activating mods, so give the game a boot to initial menu and then quit. This process will create the much-needed .ini file for editing, and it will also ensure that you don’t run into issues with mods not working correctly afterward.
Now as the initial preparations are done you may execute the main installation process which is given below.
Editor’s Choice: How to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10
Steps to install mods for “Skyrim Special Edition” on PC
- Firstly search for the Skyrim Special Edition on the Nexus website.
- Then carefully read through the description of each mod.
- After step 2 you will have to select the ‘Files’ tab.
- After selecting the ‘Files’ tab select “Download with Manager” option on the appropriate files, you need for installing the mod and then wait for the mods to download in Nexus Mod Manager.
- Finally, select a mod you wish to install and press on the “Install” option.
If you go through this article properly, you will understand that it is really easy to install Skyrim mods on PC whether you install the mod manually or through the Nexus Mod Manager although there are few complicated methods as well.
In this article, we have mainly mentioned the straightforward methods so that you can perform the steps easily.