Windows 7 had a set of nice, beautiful games including the classic card games with new shiny graphics and some other fantastic new games from Vista like Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans, and Purble Place. But due to some unknown reasons, Microsoft decided to discontinue these games on Windows 10 and now instead of those games Microsoft offers bloated Modern games which you get from the Microsoft Store.
Therefore in this article, we will show you a straightforward method by which you will be able to install and play classic Windows 7 games on Windows 10 operating system without facing any sorts of trouble. We will also show you a complicated procedure which you can implement if the first method does not work.
In the first method we will use Winaero Tweaker software, and in the second method, we will use a mild hacking technique to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10.
Methods to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10
As mentioned earlier in this article we are going to show you two methods which will enable you to install and eventually play Windows 7 games on Windows 10.
The first method is very simple, and hence you can easily execute it but on the other hand, the second method is a bit more technical than the first method, so the second method is generally suitable for advanced computer users.
Follow both the steps which are given below and select the most appropriate method according to your choice.
In this method, we will use Winaero Tweaker software to install the Win7gamesonWin10 setup. Winaero Tweaker is essential software for all Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 user. It allows you to customize the appearance and behavior of any Windows operating system in a flexible manner.
After installing this setup on your computer, you will be able to access the Windows 7 games on your Windows 10 PC. So in order to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10 with the help of Winaero Tweaker software follow the steps given below.
- First and foremost you have to download the ZIP archive of Win7GamesForWin10 setup.exe file from the following link: https://winaero.com/download.php?view.1836
- After downloading the ZIP file, you have to unzip the file with the help of WinRar software. Download the WinRar software from the following Link: https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0
- After unzipping the ZIP file, you will receive “Win7GamesForWin10-Setup.exe” file. Execute this .exe file. As soon as you execute Win7GamesForWin10-Setup.exe” file, you will come across a window which is shown in the picture below. Click on the “Next” button to move to the next window.
- In this step, you will come across a window from where you have to select the desired games you want to install on your Windows 10 PC. So select the desired games and again click on the “Next” button to start the installation process and finally click on the “Finish” button to complete the entire process.
After executing the previous step successfully, all the selected Windows 7 games will be downloaded on your Window 10 PC. Now you can go to the start menu and play any of the games according to your choice. So it is evident that this is a very simple method but if you still want to go for the next method then read the next segment of this article thoroughly.
In this method, you will first require a computer running on Windows 7, a flash drive with adequate space for the games folder, and the target Windows 10 computer. As mentioned earlier this method is more technical than the first method, so it is mainly preferable for an advanced computer user.
- Firstly you have to switch on the Windows 7 PC and navigate to the directory C:\Program Files. From “Program Files” folder copy the folder which is named as “Microsoft Games” to your flash drive.
- After executing the previous step, you have to navigate to the directory C:\Windows\System32 and again copy the file “CardGames.dll” to your flash drive.
- In this step plug your flash drive in the target Windows 10 PC. Now select the “Microsoft Games” folder from your flash drive and copy it to the Windows 10 computer’s directory C:\Program Files.
- After transferring the “Microsoft Games” folder to the target Windows 10 PC from the flash drive you have to transfer the “CardGames.dll” file to “ALL game” folders.
- To counteract the default version checks issue, you have to use a Hex editor while opening the game’s executable files. You can access the Hex editor from the following Link: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
So you can understand by going through this method that it is a bit complicated, but if you implement these five steps properly, then you will surely be able to play Windows 7 games on your Windows 10 PC.
Editor’s Choice: How to install mods for Skyrim
As promised earlier we have explained to you two different methods to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10. So anyone who is trying to install Window 7 games on their Windows 10 PC must go through this article thoroughly.
We can also assure you that if you go through this article properly, you will understand the importance of Winaero Tweaker software and the Hex editor.