Since video tutorials are good presentations to show others while demonstrating a project, so often you must have come across situations where you need to record screen activities on your Mac. If you search the Internet, you will find various video recording and screen capturing tools.
If you are planning to record screen activities on your Mac for the first time, then you can get confused regarding which tools you should select for the best result. Therefore in this article, we will show you three straightforward ways to record screen on Mac OS.
How to screen record on Mac OS
As mentioned in the introduction part there are various video recording and screen capturing tools available on the Internet, but here in this article, we will discuss three of the most famous video recording and screen capturing tools which include QuickTime Player, Any Video Converter Ultimate, and Camtasia.
In this method, we will use QuickTime Player which is fantastic software that allows you to create easy screen activities and share it with other users. It even allows you to record different audios and movies. So follow the steps given below to use QuickTime Player properly.
- First and foremost you have to launch QuickTime Player. Then from the “File” option click on “New Screen Recording”.
- As you click on the “New Screen Recording” option, a screen recording window will open. But before you begin to record the screen, you can click on the small triangle button which is present on the right side of the screen recording window to set a few settings.
- After selecting an appropriate setting click on the red “Record” button to start capturing your screen, you will get an option which will ask you whether to capture the entire screen or only a specific part of the screen.
- Finally, click on the “Stop” button once you complete the recording. Then you can preview and export the recorded video.
So just follow these four simple steps in order to record the screen activities on your Mac OS with the help of QuickTime Player.
Editor’s Choice: How to Uninstall a Program on MAC
In this section of the article, we will show you how to record the screen activities on your Mac OS with the help of Any Video Converter Ultimate software.
Any Video Converter Ultimate software has the ability to record screen and video, including streaming videos, online videos, live sports, etc. in fast speed along with excellent audio & video quality. It even allows you to convert the recorded video files into other formats, such as WMV, MPG, MP4, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, SWF, MP3, WMA, etc. on Mac OS.
So if you want to utilize this fantastic software follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, open Any Video Converter Ultimate for Mac and go to the “Record Screen” panel to select the record mode.
- After executing the previous step, you have to set the Capture Parameters on the right pane.
- Then just click on “Start Record” button to start recording.
- Now in order to stop the recording, you can select three options which are listed below
- You can click on the “Stop Record” button in the Record Screen list.
- If you want you can also click on the “Stop” button in Task-Pending-Recording list
- Or you can even use “Shift+ Command+ 1” shortcut key from your keyboard to stop recording.
So you can see that by merely following four simple steps you will be able to record the screen activities on your Mac OS with the help of Any Video Converter Ultimate software.
In this method, we will use Camtasia to record the screen activities on Mac OS. Camtasia is developed by TechSmith Company. This video capture software is the best combination of screen recording and video editing. This is the most professional tool out of the three software which is discussed in this article
So follow the steps given below to learn how to Record Video with Camtasia on Mac OS.
- In the first step, you have to start Camtasia Mac 2. As you load the software, you will get the Settings windows.
- As you enter the “Settings” window, you have to select the appropriate preset region of your video from the “Custom Region” option and click on the “Red” button which is present on the right to view and preset the recording region.
- After executing step 2, you have to capture the screen activity by clicking on the “Rec” button.
As soon as you finish recording, Camtasia will lead you to a video editing window, and from this window you can edit the recorded video by adding some special effects, trimming, cutting, annotations, etc. to make it more vivid.
As promised at the beginning of this article here we have used three screen capturing tools in order to execute three straightforward methods to record the screen activities on the Mac OS.
So if you are planning to execute these easy methods or if you want to know about the software mentioned above you can go through this article.