Nowadays a large section of people owns a Kindle. Over the past few years, Kindle is Amazon’s one of the best selling product. But still, if you don’t have a Kindle yet, you can use its services with the help of the free Kindle software available for different operating systems to read the ebooks that are available in the Kindle format.
Amazon provides Kindle for PC for Windows users. You can buy and read ebooks on it, just like you would do on the actual Kindle device. So in this article, we will discuss Kindle for PC, and we will also show you the steps to use a Kindle for PC to read an ebook for free.
Also Read: How to Customise your Chrome Home Page
Steps to set up Kindle for PC
In this section of the article, we will show you the steps to set up the Kindle software for your PC so that you can avail all the functionalities of an original Kindle device. So follow the steps given below in order to set up the Kindle for PC properly.
1. First and foremost you have to visit the Amazon Kindle for PC official page and download the software. Download the software from the following link: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp
2. After downloading and installing the software, you will come across a window where you will be asked to register yourself. However, if you already have an Amazon account, then just enter your login details and sign in. Otherwise, you have to create a new account with relevant details.
So by merely following these two steps, you can set up the Kindle for PC software on your Computer. And after setting up the software, you can check out all its features.
Now as we have completed the first part of the article, we will move into the second part in which we show you the steps to locate ebooks on the Kindle store.
Steps to locate free Ebooks on Kindle Store
Kindle store comes with a vast collection of different types of Ebooks. The price of the Ebooks starts from $0 and ranges up to several dollars. Here in this section, we will teach you a simple way to locate some $0 books on the Kindle store. If you want to access $0 ebooks, then follow the steps given below.
1. In the first step, you have to click on the “Shop in Kindle Store” option located at the top left corner of your Kindle for PC home screen window.
2. As you click on the “Shop in Kindle Store” option, you will find that the Amazon Kindle ebook store will open in your default browser.
3. In this step you have to click on the “Sort By” drop-down menu which is located at the right side of the current window, After clicking on the “Sort By” drop-down menu select the “Price: Low to High” option and search for the $0 books available for your Kindle.
4. In this step, you need to select the book you want to read, then click on it and finally click on “Buy now with 1-Click” option or “Buy now” option if 1-click buying isn’t enabled on your Amazon account.
5. After clicking either on the “Buy now with 1-Click” option or “Buy now” option you have to sign in to your Amazon account and complete the buying process.
On completing the buying process, Amazon will ask you to sync your Kindle for PC to get that particular book that you have purchased.
As soon as you sync your Kindle for PC software the title of the ebook will appear within the software’s “Home” screen. So now you can easily read the ebook which is available on the Kindle for PC software’s “Home” screen. (Refer to the picture given below).
Also Read: How to Disable Windows Defender
If you go through this article properly, you will understand that it is not always necessary to own a Kindle to read different types of ebooks because nowadays you can easily access the functionalities of the Kindle on your PC with the help of Kindle for PC software.
Moreover, from this article, you will also learn how to locate free ebooks from the Kindle Store which you can read with the help of Kindle for PC software.